Thursday, January 8, 1970

August 2nd 1947 Saturday

My alarm went off at 4:30. I finished packing and then woke up elder Bowen's. We took a taxi to the bus station. President Rex and elder gold rock elder Jensen to the station and sauce off. We sat right over the wheels and the seats were so close together that my knees hit constantly. we left the depot about 6 and I've never had such a wild ride before in my life. I thought Texas drivers were bad. We were bothered some my fog in the morning. Nearly all day we were traveling through Hill. Sometimes even mountains. The latter part of the ride was marked by beautiful views. We stopped at bonito for lunch. The trip would have been wonderful except my knees and ribs were sore from constantly hitting on something, and the fact that the driver went full-speed all day over the worst roads I've ever seen. Taking all into consideration it was a miserable day. We arrived at Curitiba about 8:30 p.m. and took a taxi to the pain sound Florida. With little waiting around, we went to bed, thoroughly tired. just after lunch, we were rounding a bend at high speed, of course, and met a truck doing the same. The window just behind me was shattered, our signal was torn off, in a portion of the bus was lost. It was certainly a close call.

No comments:

Post a Comment