Thursday, January 8, 1970
9 August 1947 Saturday
without even stopping for language class we hurried over to Rachel's to meet the agent for the large apartment. We've decided on that if the contract is okay we messed around all day looking at other apartments and seeing about this one. I was having trouble with my feet all day.just before Chow at night elder Bowen and I made a mad dash out to sister siegrist house for our laundry. We had to walk about a mile on a muddy, Rocky, and places steep, crummy road. We jumped ditches, fell in mud puddles, balanced our way across streams on pipes, waited through pastures and cheated on getting off the bond. it was sort of fun, but we were in an awful rush to get to mutual on time at am I a we sing a couple of songs, elder pool showed two movies and we had a good meeting. I had a little personal satisfaction from speaking to the members. I did fairly well. We had a nice meeting, and I I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I know by Selah did. He nearly knocked himself out on quote little Tom tinker in quote. He and Rachel and Edna are sure wonderful people. they've done in a mints amount for us already and now they want to make me a birthday cake. They will, too it is certainly terrible the way some Brazilians treat their countrymen. Several times while Rachel has been answering phones for us, Brazilians have told her to her face that they won't rent to Brazilians, only Americans. This country is about as low as they come, in the way of love and fellowship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment