Thursday, January 8, 1970
12 August 1947 Tuesday
Add Portuguese class and breakfast, then went to acting. Man, it was cold. we went down a very muddy Street and slipped and slid and softly rebuked the road all morning. we had a good day, though. We loaned to book of Mormons and had several good conversations. We nearly froze to death though. My fingers and toes were so cold as they've ever been. Elder Jensen's tea with chatter whenever he talked to people. At one house we had a very hard time getting a word in, however. The Catholic Dona was building up her faith she was also building upstairs, but she didn't know it. We finally had to knock off a few minutes early, because of because it was so cold and we couldn't talk fluently. In the afternoon we helped the large apartment deal fall through, then we discovered an even better place. I haven't seen it yet, but elders Jensen and pool say it's really okay. Will probably end up moving tomorrow. Elder Bowen and I purchase the sheets and blankets to a and had them delivered.elk in the lad came with them, I was all alone here., So I really had a rough time trying to give the kid a tip. Finally, after 15 minutes or so, he got away with 10 cruzeiros. After supper elder Jensen and I wentvisiting to Gertrude Coronado's again. We found her home this time, and we had a very nice gospel conversation with her. Of course, I had to play the role of sitting bull again. These people get quite a kick out of my lack of Portuguese. They think it's pretty funny. I don't agree with them. coming back to the pen sound Florida after the visit, we stopped in at the post office. I got seven letters. I had been haunting that place for a week or more, and only got my fingers Dusty from feeling in it. I really hit the jackpot. It was about as good as Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment