Sunday, March 12, 1989

[Provo]

Well, it took 5 meals to get there, and then the Lord prompted me on the course to take. I'm grateful for the principle of prayer and fasting. I missed breakfast, went to priesthood meeting, missed lunch after sacrament meeting, then met with President Mineer for a few minutes. That was the result of my getting the Spirit. I asked him if I could have permission to go to Salt Lake and talk to Stan Peterson, and also talk to Brother Eugene Hill here at the MTC. He gave me permission to see both. Marian and I talked in the afternoon and I got further help from her. She had some good ideas.

Here's the plan. With Stan's input and Brother Hill's, we see that for starters we can use BYU here. Audit a conversational Portuguese class. Take a self-study course = Language, Culture, History. Go to a Home Study seminary Saturday. Talk to Stan about visas. There are some things!!

Late dinner, then evening gospel study class (the teacher didn't show) and devotional. Oh, Ruth Ann (Lewis) Brooks, husband David and little newborn girl come visiting and brought cookies and fruit. So nice. The baby's beautiful and they're so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment