After the meeting, Chapmans, Parkers and we bundled into an MTC van and went to Alpine to visit with the Bangerters—he and his family were there to open up Portugal/Spain for CES. We had a really nice hour and a half. They have lots of good stories and advice, and some stuff like azulejos and brass stuff and paintings around. Very nice, very hospitable, lots of fun. Got back late with the van in one piece.
Thursday, March 23, 1989
[Provo-Alpine]
We decided to up the price of the condo and put it back on the market. The medicine battle continues. I went to the sick bay to try to talk the doctor out of prescription for Marian's medicine and my Tagamet. He was real reluctant, but by mid-afternoon he had resolved, with help from an internist friend, that he'd give me all the Tagamet I need for 18 months. But he'd only give us enough of Salcitensin for 6 months, because he said body salts must be monitored (possible heart arrest) and enough Tolectin for 9months, because he says it could lead to ulcers in some people. I've fought it as long as I can. I'll take these prescriptions and send them to National Rx and when we need more in Portugal, we'll take care of it there. Classes as usual today morning and afternoon. Evening was branch meetings. The Parkers gave some despedidos (goodbyes), and one other couple. Parkers don't know yet if their visas are coming, but they're due to finish here right now (8 1/2 weeks on the weekend). We're all rooting for their departure because that could mean that our own will be on time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment