A full day, a hard day. All morning we worked on discussion--no language training. Part of the afternoon we worked on Portuguese, then evening no language--only a diatribe on goal setting. It was the Sister at her best--condescending and full of her own "cutesies". By the time the day was over, we had about had it! We would have traded the MTC in for almost anything!
Bright spot of the day was a super letter from Russy. He wrote the most grown-up, well-composed, good-penmanship letter I've seen--4 pages. He had been in a Portuguese book and gave us a menu for a meal and other good stuff! Made my day!
The day finished, I'm pained to say, on such a negative note that I couldn't even pray. I resolved to fast until this matter, or this feeling, is resolved. The matter = we are getting larger and larger doses of proselyting stuff and less and less of language training. Our education mission seems to be getting shoved aside. My feeling is that the directors here don't understand our needs. They want to push everyone into the same box. I've got problems I need to work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment