Saturday, December 31, 1988

[Huntington Beach]

A beautiful day. Too bad yesterday couldn’t have been this nice! Start up the day with Mike and Jerri’s family—breakfast, lazing around. I read Book of Mormon, Alma 34, 35 and studied them. Our new Sunday block schedule has our ward meeting at 12:30. Sunday School/Primary is first. Then Priesthood/Relief Society/YW, last Sacrament Meeting. The Bishopric is making a mistake on this schedule, but they didn’t ask for opinions. Problem is so many will cut Sunday School, just come for Priesthood, Sacrament Meeting. Today was a missionary farewell, local boy. The Stake President was there and spoke a few words at the end. He announced that he had interviewed the Gibsons for a mission. Now the word is out, and we haven’t even put in our paperwork yet! Oh well, standard Mormon procedure; the Church is true anyway. Had a real nice evening with Mike and Jerri’s family. A lot of real nice kids. Reina is a neat young lady, and Jake is getting real mature—and strong! I don’t think I’ll tease him anymore! Joe is growing. Emily is developing into a real beautiful girl. Robbie, Sarah, Melissa are coming along fine. And Joshua is an active body—keeps them all hopping. I’m real proud of my son and his family—they have their priorities where it matters most. The Church and Gospel are uppermost in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment