We're on our own. We drove our car (a little white thing) to the office, more orientation. Went to the bank and changed some money. Then out to buy supplies and eat lunch and try the road and traffic ourselves. The map isn't much use and the whole traffic thing is a mess. We did pretty well at the Continente (Walmart of Portugal) but couldn't find some stuff. A wild ride back to the mission home—we felt we were too late to go to São João today. We relaxed 'til dinner. Then went to the
Modelo (Grocery Store) shopping—it's nearby. There we found some stuff we needed, and had a pleasant walk, too. Spent the rest off the evening memorizing prayer and testimony, also studying the language, figuring out Portugal money, etc.
I talked to Stan and Frank last night because things here just aren't settled at all per CES. I got Christian's number and called him this morning. He was no immediate help—he said that he had written a letter to Elder Lassiter outlining my CES responsibilities here and he would have to approve it. Since Elder Lassiter is coming here next weekend to divide the Porto Stake, maybe that is when I'll receive my orders. I sure hope so.
Also Xavier called, invited us the seminary faculty meeting tomorrow and asked me to run a scripture chase. I'll do my best. At least, Xavier knows I'm here, and is willing to work with me. Also, Faustino will be here. That's great.
No comments:
Post a Comment