Friday, February 17, 1989

[Tucson-Coolidge-Mesa]

The movers were to be back at 6:00-6:30 am. No way! 7:45! The excuse--the motel didn't give them a wake-up! Pokey all day. I died 1,000 deaths. While they were loading I got a physical for a $100,000 life insurance policy--on the hood of a pick-up truck--blood sample, blood pressure and all (the urine sample was in the restroom.) John came by with the paperwork, and I got all signed up! I hope it goes through. It's for my retirement! The movers took 'til 6:30 pm to finish unloading all our furniture into the storage vaults. Then I snaked them through the hills and streets in that big van to Mary Ellen's where they unloaded her portion. It was 8:00 pm! I got Amy and headed for Coolidge. I fixed Susan's hanging lamp, got Marian and the 3 of us went back to Mesa, late.

No comments:

Post a Comment