Saturday, February 4, 1989

[Huntington Beach]

A bit of a difficult Sabbath, but it began good enough. Some scripture study, and casual working into the day. No Portuguese--Day of Rest! We got interrupted a couple of times for showing the house to people, but we left for church just after noon, and didn't return 'til almost 6:00. The meetings of the Day were fine. This was testimony meeting. At the start of testimony meeting sharing, Jeff Irvine, 1st Counselor, told everyone we had been called, said we were leaving real soon, so when he gave the meeting to the congregation, we got up first and bore our testimonies. Marian did great. I followed. We said our goodbyes. I told them we were leaving a picture for the missionary chart, so that for the next 18 months they could look at it and say, "who's that?"


We went to the restaurant for dinner, because it was so hectic at home to try to prepare a meal. But the evening was nice.



I'll hate to leave this ward. I didn't think I would. But a half-dozen people have become a little close. Several are saying they'll miss Donna--and they will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment