Saturday, June 24, 1989
At Home Most of Day
At home most of day. A little shopping—mostly for Donna, a box full of goodies. She likes that. While we were out we went by the Church, and they had a letter for us—from Mary Ellen. She sent a father's day card. That was so nice. Love that girl. Also a nice letter telling is the news from there. Boy, we needed that! We also got to haul Sis. Moura and Parkinson downtown—found them walking along the street (Sister Mish got transferred to Matosinhos). Sis Parkinson has real sore feet, and she'd better take care of them! Elder Larsen and Elder Bradford got me settled on my travesty yesterday at the Post Office. To write a receipt the P.O. has to have an organization ID number. I got the number from E. Bradford. On the money order (vale postal) they send them to the recipient—I don't! Strange custom but I'll live through it. Basked in the letter for the 3rd time. got out the other letters we've received since arrival and re-read them. I'm not homesick. I don't get homesick. I just like to re-read letters! Shined my shoes, cleaned the car, got ready for our big trip to Lisbon tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment