Friday, April 14, 1989

[Provo]

Our wedding day, 39 years ago. Marian is lovelier now than ever before. She's beautiful through and through, a lady in every way, and a spiritual force that I can see growing everyday. She is full of surprises and loves me more than I deserve. Far more! 39 years are just the beginning. If I can prove worthy of her, eternity is forever, and with my Marian, it will be worth having.

But today wasn't great, because she's sick. I brought breakfast and dinner to her on a tray. She made it to the cafeteria for lunch, but didn't eat much. She didn't go to her classes. In the evening we went for a drive for a half hour, then called Susan. Marian's worried about Donna. She's not eating and has lost 9 pounds since we left her. Sue says she cries sometimes and misses us. I suppose that's not too big a surprise for a child of 33 to miss her Mom and Dad. It's a lot of years to pattern, then get torn out of the pattern. The rest of the evening was spent with journal, letters and scriptures. This anniversary in Provo. Next anniversary in Portugal—40. Then 41 back with our family! I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment