It came! And what a surprise! We were expecting a call to the Portugal Lisbon Mission. The call is to Portugal Porto Mission!! (I'll call Monday and verify that) What joy, relief, thankfulness. First, it is sobering to receive a call from the Prophet to serve in such an important calling. But, I know that behind it is a call from the Lord. This is His Church. His work. I know that as well as I know that I'm alive. To represent Him is more than sobering. Try humbling. Try inadequate. Try I'm-not-ready-for-this, and probably never could be really. I'm His son, I'm His servant, I'm His hireling, even. But I can never really represent Him. But with the call will be my best try. And I know I can do His work if I have His help. So with that assurance, I will go forth.
Marian is equally scared. We'll be a great team, just as we always have.
The condo is being shown intensively now. We have to keep it ready to be seen at any time, and when people are here, we are asked to become scarce. It was a little tough this morning. Donna had a sever abdomen pain—had it all night and yesterday. We took her to the emergency room. Looks like a virus, not appendicitis or worse. That's a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment