Wednesday, January 11, 1989

[Huntington Beach]

Turned the home over to Gary Fuller to sell, if he can—he’ll check. Studied and read off and on all day ‘til our appointment with Bishop Wallace. We had a nice sit-down with him as he formally interviewed us, put our paperwork together, issued temple recommends. A very nice young man, but very nervous. Later at night we got interviewed by President Borquist. That was a nice experience. He told us this was his most unusual missionary interview in his 12 years in the stake presidency. He asked us again if we knew Elder Asay. He was very complimentary to us. Made us feel good (That’s what that interview is all about, isn’t it?). The rest of the evening with the Tombstone Epitaph and Portuguese.


I have some feelings building up. When I first heard of this, I wasn’t all that excited—prior to this I wasn’t serious at all about going on a mission. But as the days go by, and as the language starts coming back, and as the reality of it all starts to sink in, I’m getting excited! And I do hope fervently that nothing stages our going, nor our effectiveness while serving. I love the Lord and I love His church, and I do so much want to do this. I am now regularly praying that nothing stops this Great Moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment