Sunday, February 20, 1977
The Lord’s Day. I love them! I didn’t feel very well today. Got allergy problems and so sleepy. I just couldn’t hardly navigate all day. Dad Nelson & I went to Priesthood Meeting, then I stayed home from Sunday School with him and Mom Nelson. I slept. Sacrament Meeting was a Primary program. But the sacrament was served. That makes any meeting worthwhile. I really love to take the sacrament. It’s a great moment. We drove over to visit Dave’s family afterward. Peggy was to a meeting, but Dave was there with Russell. Heather was asleep. Home teachers came in the evening—Bishop John Andes and his son, David. We got phone calls from K and also from Susan. This calling to the advisorship of the Teachers Quorum is a calling I’m very happy about. For one thing, it will free me from the stake services and activities committee chairmanship—a calling I have not enjoyed (and have not magnified.). But it puts me to work at the grass roots. That’s not where the honors are. But that’s where the action is. I just hope I can fulfill the requirements, and be a help to these young men. This is my first opportunity in many years to teach and directly work at the ward level with the youth. I’m really happy about it—thankful for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment