Tuesday, February 22, 1977

Go to Thatcher by 8:45. Sat in on Andy Fox’s 2nd period.  It was pretty good-but rowdy.  I spent an hour almost with Pres. Hoopes.  It was to try to get him back on our side at Seminary.  We particularly need help at Duncan and there at Safford.  Duncan has a real problem teaching there—Max Germaine.  I won’t elaborate on his shortcomings.  But we want him out of there.  I’ve tried to resolve this Duncan matter—plus a couple of other things—without directly involving Pres. Hoopes, but it can’t be done.  I had to see the man directly.  He’s the key. Got bids on the Ft. Thomas building from Wesch & Taylor, Pima, for contracting the installation of water & gas lines plus septic tank, and from Daley Mobile sales for hauling the unit from Mesa to Ft. Thomas.  Boy, what a windy day!  I about got blown away getting into and out of the car!  I got the bid to Pres. Palmer, Thatcher Stake President.  He needs to get a check for 20%, plus a form filled out, for forwarding to our office.  Talked with Andy Fox.  He’s thinking of quitting Seminary teaching.  Cotton pick!  With Russell Packer leaving, we need Andy to stay and settle that place down again.  Got home late—long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment