Saturday, May 31, 1975
Saturday
A day to remember-a day of contracts. Black & white. Carnal & Celestial! Marian & I left early for the temple. We stopped off at the prison in Florence to see Chuck. I couldn’t stay long, but we had a good short talk. He seemed pleasant & resigned. We talked about Shirley. I showed him some pictures I had of the kids and grandkids. Then on to the temple where we saw Penny & Dan Ellis sealed, then Danny sealed to them both. That’s celestial!! After calling my folks-Daddy was the only one home (Mom off on a slavery stint to Carol’s)-we drove home. Worked around the place until time for Stk. Priesthood leadership Meeting. Then Dave & I went to the meeting. After a good opening session, we separated for departments. Going down the hall, I encountered Julie Hinkman. She needed help moving to Phoenix. That’s such a fouled-up deal. I won’t go into any detail. But I finally got Rick-her husband-to help her by driving the pick-up full of furniture to Phoenix for her. I drove with Rick and had a time to talk to him real good, for once. I think I can finally see his point of view a little. They are divorced now. I rode back to Tucson with Dave, who had driven my Datsun up. The two hours back with him was pure profit. We talked of Peggy & the possibility of his marrying her. That’s the best talk we’ve had. It’s a real great thing to be able to talk to Dave again. We got home at 3:30 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment