Thursday, January 27, 1977
Started
off bright and early on a two-day trip.
Attended early-morning seminary at Sabarita. Archie Romney’s teaching there. He does a pretty good job. I think he’s good for the kids, at
least. I drove on to Nogales. I had a little time on my hands, so nosed
around Tubac-the old presidio & such, then went to see what Pena Blanca
Lake looks like-not much! Visited with
Bishop Burr McRae in Nogales. I
encouraged him to let us take care of the kids in his ward who go to school in
Patagonia. Also to let us have the true
potential figures. I hope we made
progress. On to Sierra Vista. (Beautiful drive over-Nogales, Patagonia, Sonorita,
the south whetstones, on to Sierra Vista.)
I met with Mr. Nolan, assistant superintendant. Mr. Samuelson, superintendent was ill. I offered further help to them for the coming
board meeting. We are hopeful for released-time there. Then I drove on to St. David. I got there about 4:00 p.m. I stopped in to see Bruce, and was with him
for the next three hours. He wanted to
talk about recent ills of the community there.
Also his own up-coming shopping, so Vickie made us a sandwich
dinner. It was just nice being with him.
At 7:30 I attended the stake seminary faculty meeting. Reed Richens conducted it. Only the Evans’ from Sierra Vista
attended! It was pretty much a
wash-out. I excused myself at 8:30, went
to Safford & a motel room. Called my
sweet wife & found that all was well, except her folks are doing too well
with the 8-hour-a-day live-in lady. Dad
has been feeding Mom candy, sweet-rolls, etc before the lady
arrives. Also during the day he’ll sneak
stuff to her. Got to bed nearly
midnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment