Sunday, April 27, 1975

Changed counselors at the branch. Jim Heap has served with me for the past year. He has now completed medical school here, and will go to Scott AFB, Illinois, to begin his residency with the Air Force. He’s been a good counselor, he’s a good friend. He and Anita, his wife, are the greatest. Anita might well be in the top 1% of the women in the world. She is fully supportive of her husband. After the sacrament meeting, at which Pres. AW Elray, Jr., released Jim, I pulled her close and told her that I felt she was a true “help meet,” in the sense Eve was to Adam. I felt that.

Don Hansen moved from second to first counselor and Paul Kartchner was sustained as new second counselor. Paul and Sue had a brief interview with me after the meeting. They are an outstanding young couple. They’ve been married just 4 months.

The calling of Paul was special. I had a good group of young men to choose from. Really special people. But after fasting & praying it seemed to pare down to Paul. Complication: He had applied to several medical schools and had heard from none of them. Last year he was on the alternate list at the U of A. He didn’t have much hope to be accepted there. I decided on him, feeling that it would work out-he was the one. Two days later-the day I turned his name in-he got a letter advising that he was accepted.

Paul & Sue told me that they had known something was going to happen to them. Not just the great way the medical school opened up-lots of little things, and a feeling that there was something special coming up. I know the Lord helps His own. I know He lives and answers prayers. He has answered mine on many occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment